Cheers to Another Great Year!
Your Community Foundation.
Making an impact every day, month and year.
As we come to the end of another incredible year, I’m proud of the impact the Community Foundation of Southern Indiana has made in our community.
Each day, we at CFSI work to make this a better community to live, work and play in. Our focus: addressing the needs of our region and helping individuals and businesses accomplish their charitable and financial goals.
Last year, we worked with over 220 individual fund holders to help them do good in our own community, together granting more than $1 million. Some supported their favorite nonprofit, church or alma mater. Others supported the future of our young people by awarding over $300,000 in scholarships!
And at the Community Foundation of Southern Indiana, we used our unrestricted Community Impact Fund to address the greatest needs of our community. Looking at our 2015 Community Needs Assessment, we know the needs of this community and our grantmaking is aimed at having the greatest impact in those specific areas.
Each year, our nonprofits report back to us how they used their grants and the number of people they served. We just received the last of those reports and I’m happy to tell you that in 2016 our grants impacted over 73,000 people here in Southern Indiana!
73,000 people! Last year our grants…
- – helped students have access to the arts at Stage One Family Theatre,
- – fed the hungry and needy through programs at St. Luke’s United Church of Christ, Blessings in a Backpack and New Roots’ Fresh Stop Markets,
- – provided mentoring and learning opportunities through Metro United Way, Greater Clark County Schools, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana and New Albany Floyd County Schools,
- – supported our community’s health through the Jeffersonville Tree Walk and Norton Healthcare’s Pat Harrison Cancer Center,
- provided for our most basic needs through programs at St. Elizabeth Catholic Charities, New Albany Floyd County Habitat for Humanity, Open Door Youth Services and Choices for Women Resource Center….
- – and so much more!
It’s incredible what we’re doing in Southern Indiana! But we know there are still needs to be addressed and because of our Needs Assessment, we know that….
- – over 26,000 in Clark and Floyd Counties are food insecure, and 9,000 of those are children.
- – over 12% of our citizens live below the poverty line.
- – we have to address the education and workforce development needs of our community and make this a healthy place to live, improving the quality of life in all areas.
- – by working together, we can impact the future of this community.
In order for us to continue to help this community and make an impact in our greatest areas of need, we’ll need to work together. If you’ve already given to one of our local nonprofits, THANK YOU! They need your support and will use it for good. But if you still wish to make a gift before year-end, please consider contributing directly to the Foundation’s Community Impact Fund using the link below. We’ll use your generosity to build a stronger community and make an impact in the areas that we know have the greatest needs. Your tax deductible contribution will assure that these community needs are being met now and in the future.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’re proud to serve as this community’s partner, resource and steward in philanthropy and can help you make the greatest impact to the causes you care most about. Thank you for your support and have a wonderful New Year.
Linda S. Speed, JD
President and CEO